[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.27.4″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
Marketing vs Promoting
What is Marketing?
Marketing is defined by the American Marketing Association as “the activity, institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value to customers, clients, partners, and society at large.” The term developed from the original meaning which referred literally to going to market with goods for sale. From a sales process engineering perspective, marketing is “a set of processes that are interconnected and interdependent with other functions of a business aimed at achieving customer interest and satisfaction.”
Marketing focuses on the power of persuasion. Marketing works to prove the value of a product or service to entice a customer to buy. To get a snapshot of all the potential marketing tactics for persuasion, check out this articles by culturebranding.com. Marketing communicates a brand promise to produce individual customer’s alignment to the brand promise. When customers convert to a consumer, it creates brand affinity with the consumer. In digital marketing, the consumer is empowered to share their positive experiences with the companies brand experiences. Through the sharing of their brand experience across their network, the consumer becomes an influencer of further customer conversions. The brand will grow through this process, and profits will increase.
What is Promoting?
tr.v. pro·mot·ed, pro·mot·ing, pro·motes
- To raise to a more important or responsible job or rank.
- To advance (a student) to the next higher grade.
- To contribute to the progress or growth of; further.
- To urge the adoption of; advocate: promote a constitutional amendment.
- To attempt to sell or popularize by advertising or publicity
- To help establish or organize (a new enterprise), as by securing financial backing: promote a business process or unit.
Within a well designed digital workplace, promoting is the act of “Influencing” change. The act of promoting in the context of digital transformation or building a modern workplace works to manage change efficiently. Promoting builds trust creates transparency, inspires advocacy, and empowers your workforce.
To drive digital transformation, you must influence the creation, distribution, and sharing of knowledge to build a company’s competitive advantage. When you Influence behavioural change, you see improved customer engagement, stronger customer relations, and better products with a higher value. The inspiring of behavioural change will also improve processes that increase productivity. Promoting collaboration empowers employees and groups to excel, advance faster and innovate more often. Successful promoting builds an influential culture. Much like memorable brands are built by strong marketing. Decisive, targeted, purposeful promotions create a healthy culture.
You are already tooled to build your modern workplace if you market to customers.
The following is a less than an exhaustive list of marketing activities your organization or marketing vendor uses to engage your customers.
- Marketing, UI, and UX are the basis for rich customer experiences.
- Marketing tactics and strategies are intended to get them there, keep them there, and keep them coming back.
- Marketing – Persuade and influence vs Promote – Inspire and Influence
- The brand is the external goal vs the culture is the internal goal
- Leverage available touchpoints, target employees where they are to provide relevant, timely personalized communications
- Content that has value to your users is the cornerstone of content marketing. What does content marketing create for external marketing and customer experience?
- Increase quality awareness of your business
- Build an engaged audience
- Their value is in their enthusiasm.
- Their commenting on your social media posts encourages other people to do so.
- Their social sharing increases brand awareness, and the chance your business is seen by people like them
- Their opening of your emails increase your email reputation
- Their value is in their enthusiasm.
- Get new customers
- Turn visitors into customers, immediately
- Retain the customers you already have
- Target your audience through segmentation to deliver the right message to the right customer group at the right time in the correct location.
- How you design your information architecture is key to the clarity of your message. Information architecture supports your user’s ability to find
- A well-governed marketing team can address the Strategic, Operational, and Tactical activities effectively.
- Marketing teams employ automation and measurement tools to asses the success and failure of a program or campaign to adjust to market changes and disrupters.
Your company is already tooled to design, build and execute your digital workplace. If your company markets to customers, every strategy, tactic, and most tools for engagement and measurement can be used internally. The narrative and the vernacular may be different, but how you approach the challenge is the same internally as it is externally. Hella creative can help you reduce the noise and create a clear road map for your digital transformation.[/vc_column_text][/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]